I love Italian food. Pasta a lot more then the pizza. A while back I used to use the ready to cook pasta-sauces. They worked fine for me. There is a lot of variety and also mostly good quality products. But since I came across this recipe I have never bought or used bottled/canned pasta-sauce.
I must admit that homemade bolognese sauce (or any other pastasauce) is a different ballgame all together! My bolognese sauce is as a matter of fact not that difficult or time-consuming to make. Here is the recipe:
- 500-600 gr. of ground meat (kjøttdeig)
- 1 red onion
- 1-2 celery sticks (selleri)
- 1-2 carrots (gulrøtter)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (hvitløksfedd)
- 2-3 tbs of red pesto (optional, but I love it)
- 2-3 dl chicken-broth (kyllingbuljong par kuber)
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- freshly grinded salt/pepper
- 1 tbs of sugar
- a side chunk of Parmesan Reggiano (the part you cant grate…. put it in and let it simmer)
Brown your grounded meat in some EVOO. Finely chop all the veggies including the garlic. Add garlic to the meat first, fry a little. Now add all the veggies, diced tomatoes, all the spices, sugar, chicken-broth (also some green herbs if you like e.g. basil, oregano). Your job is done, now just let it cook on a low flame for an hour (the longer the better).
Your bolognese sauce is ready. This sauce can be used in lasagna, on pizza etc. I usually serve it with tagliatelle or spaghetti, but this was what I had at home today.
This was for dinner yesterday!!